Turkish State Railways
Ata
Ports > Haydarpaşa Port

 

HAYDARPAŞA PORT

 

Port Operator: General Directorate of Turkish State Railways (TCDD)
Address: TCDD Liman İşletmesi Müdürlüğü Haydarpaşa – İstanbul / TURKEY
Phone: +90 216 348 80 20
Fax    : +90 216 345 17 05
e-mail: haydarpasaliman@tcdd.gov.tr
Position:
    Latitude:     40° 59' 00" N
    Longitude:  28° 57' 00" E
 

PORT CHARACTERISTICS

PILOTAGE: Pilotage is compulsory for vessels entering or leaving the port. This service is provided by the Turkish Maritime Organization (TDI) round-the-clock.

 

TOWAGE: Towage is not necessary for the vessels up to 2000 GRT. The service for the vessels greater than 2500 HP is provided by the Port Authority round-the-clock. 

 

SEA CRAFTS: 6 tug boats, 2 rail ferries, 2 mooring boats and 3 pilot boats are available.

 

HANDLING EQUIPMENT: Container handling operations at the yard are carried out by 4 quayside gantry cranes of 40 tons capacity, 18 rubber tired transtainers of 40 tons capacity, 7 reach stackers of 42 tons capacity and 7 empty container forklifts of 8 to 12 tons capacity. In addition, 6 mobile cranes of 10 to 25 tons capacity, 5 standard and 25 short mast forklifts (diesel + electric), 3 loaders and 30 towing sets of 25 to 50 tons are available. Another facility available at the terminal is the provision of reefer facilities for refrigerated containers.

 

Also, one MHC (mobile harbor cranes) crane of 65 tones is available for rent.

 

HISTORY OF PORT

 
The port facilities were started to build on 20.04.1899 by Anatolia Bagdad Railways Company and operated by that company up to 1924. The port was bought by the Government with the Law dated 24.05.1924 and No. 506, and it was managed with a special system up to 31.05.1927. Then, it was transferred to Administration of Railways under the Ministry of Public Works in accordance with the Law dated 31.05.1927 and No. 1042. As the available facilities of the port were not sufficient, the first phase of the plant enlargement started on 05.02.1953 was gradually transferred to General Directorate of Turkish State Railways as of 1954 by the Ministry of Public Works. The port was taken into operation in 1967 in real terms.